The Tinris World Navy is the spacefaring warfare and exploration branch of the Tinris Armed Forces and one of the global uniformed services of Tinris. As of 200/1,523/Promise, the Tinris World Navy had a total of 1,902,715 personnel on active duty and 405,912 in the Ready Reserve.
The Tinris World Navy represents 62.25% of the military budget of Tinris, with distribution of cost across all sovereign nations as determined by the Naval Oversight and Budgetary Office. The average cost per spacehand is 4.85Gc/year. At present, the World Navy maintains an active fleet of 2,121 vessels, of which 1,215 ships are armed, another 312 can be refitted to a battle ready posture within one month's time. A classified number of reserve vessels also exists.
Originally founded during the Era of Dawntime by Anadrizaren of Refuge during the Call to Immigration, the Tinris World Navy has experienced a cyclical rise and fall. In its first years, the World Navy enjoyed a surge in popularity as immigrants flocked to the newfound haven of Tinrisspace and the need for the safety of numbers rose to a fever pitch. Raids on immigrant vessels were common, with Neogi, Beholders, Illithid and other marauders of Wildspace preying on the surge of immigrants from worlds throughout Known Space.
During the Era of Conflict, the ships of the World Navy participated in hit-and-run tactics against the planar invaders, provided reinforcements to the Gates, mobilized ground forces and performed search-and-rescue. For these actions, the men and women of the World Navy were awarded numerous honors and afforded great leeway in proceeding Eras.
The Tinris World Navy in the Era of Promise has taken advantage of advances in society, technology and magic to fuel a carefully managed expanding sphere of influence. As of 1,523 Promise, the World Navy has vessels stationed on semi-permanent to permanent duty within 64 crystal spheres. Duties run the gamut from peacekeeping to uplift.
The Admiralty Board handles all military oversight for the World Navy as well as the Tinris Wildspace Marine Corps, a wholly subsidiary branch. Each of the seven Admirals oversees their own task group as well as representing the World Navy in civil matters. Further duties are distributed as follows:
- Admiral Samuel Zevulun, a Human representing the Home Office, offering final arbitration for the remaining Admirals and providing direction for the Admiral's Second Battlegroup (ACBG-01).
- Admiral Eilmorel Rarefoot, a Hafling representing Wildspace diplomatic and providing direction for the Ambassador's Second Battlegroup (ACBG-02).
- Admiral Go Uvalnoniz, a Gnome representing the Office of Naval Intelligence and providing direction for the Mastermind's Second Battlegroup (ACBG-03).
- Admiral Conchúr Archelaos, a Halfling representing the Tinris World Navy's research fleet and providing direction for the Inquirer's Second Battlegroup (ACBG-04).
- Admiral Kianoush Shad, an Elf representing the Tinris World Navy's combat fleet and providing direction for the Champion's Second Battlegroup (ACBG-05).
- Admiral Atanasije Daquan, an Elf representing the Tinris World Navy's rapid response fleet and providing direction for the Rescuer's Second Battlegroup (ACBG-06).
- Admiral Micah Tucker, a Human representing the Tinris World Navy's exploration fleet and providing direction for the Sojourner's Second Battlegroup (ACBG-07).
- Admiral Miro Plinius, an Orc representing the Tinris Ready Reserve fleet and providing direction for the Minuteman's Second Battlegroup (ACBG-08).
As of 1,523 Promise and having taken into consideration recent field created positions, the rank structure of the Tinris World Navy is as follows:
Enlisted Rank Structure
- E-1: Spacehand Cadet
- E-2: Spacehand Apprentice
- E-3: Spacehand
- E-4: Petty Officer Third Class
- E-5: Petty Officer Second Class
- E-6: Petty Officer First Class
- E-7: Chief Petty Officer
- E-8: Senior Chief Petty Officer
- E-9: Master Chief Petty Officer
Officer Rank Structure